Monday 16 January 2012

Dammit eBay!

So here we are, the first post of my new blog. I wanted it to be something light and breezy...welcoming...but then I searched eBay for something and I just had to exorcise the rage.

I started a search for an iPhone 3GS. I need it in working order but onther than that I'm not bothered about scratches as it wont be my phone (it's for a project I'm working on). So I set filters. I chose all the filters bar "faulty" because I didn't want a faulty device.
I got a page of results...the first seven of which contained three faulty devices. The sellers had listed them as "used" then openly stated in the auction that they were in fact faulty. One had a cracked screen, another would only display a blank screen, the third had no backlight to the screen. So basically three unusable devices.

What do these turds think the "faulty" category exists for if they think it's ok to put a faulty device in used then cover their backsides by stating in the text of the auction that it's faulty?

Why doesn't eBay stop this? I don't expect them to read every auction but surely some validation could occur. If a description is added that contains the word "faulty" then  surely they can check the category the item is being placed in and if it's not "faulty" show the seller a pop-up explaining that they are currently being a douche and if they then click ok and continue to post the same auction then set a flag for checking this one manually.

I'm sick of using filters to try to find what I want only to find they are barely worth while as people flatly ignore them when posting an auction.
If I search for a phone or a laptop you can guarantee that a large proportion of the results will actually be for phone/laptop accessories and upgrades and goodness knows what else despite the fact that there is a section specifically for those things.

I just want to find what I'm looking for not what other people want to show me even once I've set a filter TO NOT SEE THAT CRAP!

eBay get something sorted. The search results I'm getting are less and less relevant as people ignore the rules. Start enforcing them will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment